Welcome to Friends Forest Nursery Shere
Friends Forest Nursery Shere is a Nursery with a difference. Situated in the Surrey Hills, our Forest School Nursery inspires children with our hands-on approach to learning both indoors and out.
We are open full-time from 8:00am – 6:00pm caring for children from 3 months to 5 years.
Our philosophy is that every child we care for deserves a calm, caring, safe and stimulating environment in which to learn.
We adhere to our registration on the Ofsted Early Years Register. This monitors the overall quality standards of the early years provision in line with the principles and requirements of the ‘Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage’.
Our main aim is to provide a secure and happy environment where children can learn through play.
Your first settling in sessions will give you and your child an opportunity to get to know your child’s Key Person.
Our Forest School approach inspires children through positive outdoor experiences. We encourage children to discover, explore, observe and question what they find in their outdoor environment.
Our menus are designed by the nursery chef and a paediatric dietician to meet the needs of each age group.
“Such a lovely, warm and friendly environment. My daughter has thrived during her time here so far.”
“I have no doubt that thanks to Friends and its Forest School Hania has become a confident young lady who is more than ready for school and the next chapter in her life.”
“Friends provides a stimulating, safe and caring environment for our children to explore, challenge and grow.”
“I have loved this nursery since sending my son here from 18 months old. He has always had wonderful days and had always been excited to tell me about his days. The staff and teaching is brilliant and all the girls are lovely. Would definitely recommend.”
“We are extremely happy and feel that enrolling him at ‘Friends’ was the best decision for him.”
We offer unique and exciting extra-curricular activities for our children which include amongst others:
- Wake up and shake up – an activity to energise the brain using cross-lateral movements
- A cookery station which incorporates many aspects of the curriculum
- Community visits which allow children to experience social activities outside the nursery setting
- A range of bespoke activities which promote your child’s well-being and confidence, including Emotions Boxes and Chatterboxes
- Garden Champions (RHS School Awards Level 1, 2, 3, & 4) – our own bespoke extra-curricular gardening activity which is supported by the Royal Horticultural Society’s School Gardening Awards training programme.
Click the button below for full details of the amazing extra-curricular activities on offer for our children.
Friends Forest Nursery Shere is situated on Gomshall Lane, Guildford GU5