Welcome to Friends Forest Nursery Shere
Friends Forest Nursery Shere is a Nursery with a difference. Situated in the Surrey Hills, our Forest School Nursery inspires children with our hands-on approach to learning both indoors and out.
We are open full-time from 8:00am – 6:00pm caring for children from 3 months to 5 years.
Our philosophy is that every child we care for deserves a calm, caring, safe and stimulating environment in which to learn.
Taking care of our staff’s wellbeing is of prime importance to us and we are proud to have been voted the 14th best place to work in the whole of the UK.
We adhere to our registration on the Ofsted Early Years Register. This monitors the overall quality standards of the early years provision in line with the principles and requirements of the ‘Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage’.
We Are Open For Registrations
Our next open event :
Join us on Wednesday 12th and 26th August for a chance to see our lovely nursery.
These evening events are by appointment only.
Please call us on 01483 202715 or 07951 796691 to find out more about our nursery or to book a visit.
Best wishes from Amanda and the Friends Forest Shere Nursery Team.
Sheena Wood our Forest School Leader at Friends Forest Nursery in Shere, was a Finalist at the Nursery Management Today Awards, in the Forest School category.
Above and Beyond Educational Experiences
We offer a range of unique educational experiences which enable children to become successful, lifelong learners including:
- Wake up and shake up – an activity to energise the brain using cross-lateral movements
- A cookery station which incorporates many aspects of the curriculum
- Community visits which allow children to experience social activities outside the nursery setting
- A range of bespoke activities which promote your child’s well-being and confidence, including Emotions Boxes and Chatterboxes
- Garden Champions (RHS School Awards Levels 1 – 5) – our gardening activity which is supported by the Royal Horticultural Society’s School Gardening Awards training programme.